Our Commitment to You
It is always our intention to provide you with the highest quality service. However, we appreciate that occasionally things can go wrong. When they do, four things matter most:
That you know who to complain to;
That you know how your complaint will be dealt with;
That you feel confident that we will take your complaint seriously; and
That where appropriate, we will put things right quickly.
Who to Complain To:
Please address your complaint and any subsequent queries you may have in connection with the complaint to the Managing Director.
Contact details are as follows:
The Managing Director
Sennocke International Insurance Services Limited
6 Pembroke Road
Telephone: 01732 742102
How Your Complaint Will Be Dealt With:
1. You will receive a prompt acknowledgement of your complaint telling you who will be dealing with this. At this stage, we may need to ask you for further information.
2. Your complaint will be investigated promptly. If there is a delay in providing you with our response, we will advise you of this and indicate when we will be in further contact. If we are unable to give you our decision within eight weeks (2 weeks if your policy is insured at Lloyd’s), we will write to you again to tell you the reasons for the delay and when we expect to be able to provide this to you.
3. Our investigation of your complaint will take the form of gathering information from the relevant people and reviewing documentation which we hold, and will be carried out by a person who was not directly involved in the matter giving rise to your complaint. Your complaint will be investigated thoroughly and fairly.
4. In assessing your complaint, we will consider this in light of similarities with other complaints we may have received, and relevant guidance published by the FCA, other relevant regulators, and the Financial Ombudsman Service or former schemes.
5. On completion of our investigation into your complaint, we will write to you and provide you with a clear explanation of our findings and offering a fair and appropriate settlement, or taking appropriate action, if your complaint is upheld.
6. Where we have reasonable grounds to be satisfied that another respondent may be solely or jointly responsible for the matter alleged in a complaint, we will promptly forward the complaint, or the relevant part of it, in writing to that other respondent. We will inform you why the complaint has been forwarded, and of the other respondent’s contact details.
If we are unable to provide you with a decision within eight weeks and you are not satisfied with the reasons for the delay, or you are unhappy with the final outcome of our investigation, you may be entitled to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), which is an independent resolution scheme. If this is the case, we will confirm this in our letter to you. We will give you the full name, address, and telephone number of the Financial Ombudsman Service and a leaflet entitled “Your complaint and the ombudsman”.
The website address for the Financial Ombudsman Service is: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
If your policy is insured at Lloyd’s, you are entitled to refer your complaint to Lloyd’s who will conduct a full investigation and provide you with a written final response. If you are not satisfied with our response or if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks. You should contact:
Society of Lloyd’s
Walter Burke Way
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7327 5693
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7327 5225
If you are not happy with the response you get from Lloyd’s, you may be entitled to refer the matter to the FOS. Lloyd’s will send you a FOS leaflet with further information at the appropriate time.